Hello friends!! Hope you are enjoying and getting knowledge from our blog. Browser extensions are very useful as these help us in carrying out various complicated tasks easily. Today I will share one more chrome extension for Gmail users i.e Gmail Offline. In this extension you can get access to your Gmail account even if you are offline.
Features Of Gmail Offline Extension
Gmail Offline for Chrome allows you to use Gmail without an Internet connection. Read, search, and send emails – all offline. When you do connect to the Internet, Offline Google Mail synchronizes with your Gmail account, downloading new emails and sending queued messages.
How Gmail Offline works?
“Once you turn on this feature, Gmail uses Gears to download a local cache of your mail. As long as you’re connected to the network, that cache is synchronized with Gmail’s servers. When you lose your connection, Gmail automatically switches to offline mode, and uses the data stored on your computer’s hard drive instead of the information sent across the network. You can read messages, star and label them, and do all the things you’re used to doing while reading your web mail online. Any messages you send while offline will be placed in your outbox and automatically sent the next time Gmail detects a connection.”
How To Install Gmail Offline extension?
1. First of all you have to install an extension. Here is the link to download Gmail Offline. Just click on “ADD TO CHROME” as shown in below picture.
2. A pop up will be shown as you click on “ADD TO CHROME”. Then just click on “Install” and after few seconds you are ready with your extension.
The extension will be automatically downloaded and installed.
How To Use Gmail Offline Extension
After you install the Offline Google Mail app from Google Chrome Web Store, it’ll appear on your new tab page in Google Chrome. If you also have the Gmail app for Chrome installed, you’ll now have two different Gmail apps.
The Offline Google Mail app uses a different interface from the standard Gmail interface you’re used to. It’s based on Gmail’s tablet interface. When you launch it, it will start downloading your emails so you can view them offline. A status message informs you of the download’s progress.
Recommended Stuff : How to Undo a Sent Email in Gmail?
Click the gear icon at the top right corner of the page and you change set a few settings, including how much offline mail to download. Offline Google Mail stores a week’s worth of email by default, but you can have it store up to a month’s worth.
1. At the moment, the only settings available are the time period to download mail from and vacation responder settings. To change other settings, you’ll have to use the standard Gmail interface while you’re online.
2. This interface does include support for multiple Google accounts, which you can use by clicking your email address at the bottom of the page.
3. This extension works in Chrome, Rockmelt, Torch but not in Firefox.
Don’t Forget to check some of our more Google Tricks :
- How to Add Google Instant Pages to Your Website or Blog
- Photo Zoom In Google Chrome For Facebook
- How To Block Ads In Your Chrome Browser
- How to Add Text Effects Like Bold,Italics In Google Plus Posts
- Get Emails From Gmail To Your Desktop
Drawbacks of Gmail Offline :
1. You can’t browse your contacts, for one.
2. Many of Gmail’s keyboard shortcuts are also missing in action.